Monday, March 18, 2013

3-18


HALLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it's Preparation day down here in Brisbane and it's SUPER HOT!!!! OH MY GOODNESS! I think I'm going to pass out from the heat hahahahahaha. yesterday was SOOO hot. I gave elder Bellingham one of my suits and after putting it on for a few seconds he started sweating like there was no tomorrow hahahahaha. it was too funny. but we wore suits ALLL day hahahahaha.

OH MY GOODNESS! Elder Davies is THE MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!! hahahaha. he's SOOOOOOOO cool. hahaha. he's such a clown. A lot of the time, he totally acts like he's super dumb or slow, but he's got a super quick brain hahaha. He's so bold when he talks to people. This week, we were just talking to everybody we saw and it was so funny. hahahaha.

One time, we were talking to this one guy and he was like: I don't believe in Jesus. Elder Davies was like: HAHAHAHAHA PERFECT!!!!!! That's what missionaries are for! We help you believe in Jesus!... "I don't want to..." "PERFECT!!!! We help people want to believe in Jesus!!!" "I'm not interested" "PERFECT!!!!! We help people get interested" BAHAHA. it's kinda funny but sometimes I'm worried that he'll offend someobdy or something hahahaha. it hasn't happened yet.  He is the first companion that I've had that has been able to match me with potentials hahaha. Between the two of us, this week, we got 56 potentials hahahaha. HE IS SOOOOOOO crazy. hahaha. too bad he went to lone peak. Timpview would have been way cooler.

SO one of the things that was funny this week was that Elder Lee kept coming home and telling me how much he loved this investigator and how solid they were. the fun thing is that I gave him that investigator because he hadn't baptized for SOOO long. and I already knew all those things. but I listen anyway hahahaha. it's too funny. hahaha.  Now in our area, we've kinda dropped most of our investigators so we get to out and find for a while. :) I LOVE FINDING! especially if we get to compete. against other people. :) I know we shouldn't be very competitive, but I can't help it :) hahahaha. I'll work on that later hahahaha jia you!!!!! :)

Also this week, we taught this one guangzhou guy and he's SOOOO funny. We were worried about his orientation because he said: "I think if you took off your shirt, you would look very muscular." hahahahaha oh no! but he's fine! his brother has been going to so many different churches because he doesn't know which one is true, but he likes the feeling at church and likes hearing al the many different stories that they share in church. He wasn't able to come to church this last week because he had to study for some exams, but hopefully next week we'll be able to catch him :) hahahaha. he's the man.

Alright. I'll explain the pictures for now: first of all picture 1 is of Elder Bellingham, Elder Hadfield, and I. :) These are my FAVOURITE MISSIONARIES! Now Elder davies is too, but he's taking the pictures. :) hahahaha.

This is elder Sison! He's funny. He's like my little philipino brother. hahahahaha. everybody here geusses that I'm from the philipines, but I'm not, but they guess it anyway. hahahaha. Now elder davies always telles people that I actually am from the philipines. he thinks it's funny hahahahahahahahahahaha.

This is macca's I don't like it. it's kinda gross. there was too much nasty. don't worry, we usually don't eat it, but this time we did because we had a really good day and elder bellingham was feelingl ike it. so I got two burgers and put them together and ate it.... it was kinda gross.

Glasses with Elder Davies and taylor (one of our recent converts)  I look like harry potter. anyway. also, I noticed that that was the day I had actually decided to grease my hair :) hahahahaha yuck

and this is betty's signature for her baptismal form. isn't it the COOLEST!!?!?!?!?!??!?!!

Next is elder bellingham and elder Lee on the buss on the way to pday. he stole my glasses

and finally elder Davies and I :) hahahaha. he's THE FUNNIEST!

ANYWAY! that was my week. I hope you had a fantastic week as well!!!! last week was a bit shot because we had to sacrifice a bit of pday to do a bit of teaching of english class hahahahahahah. YEAH BOI!!!!! We had like 50 people going to english class for one class. it's too funny. JIA YOU! we don't have enough missionaries to cover that many people so we have to go and call out some of the members to come and help us teach it. It's so funny because I'm becoming super critical of all the peoples english all around us and it's super funny hahahahaha. Sometimes, there won't be a really big error and then I'll try to help them because the more I correct them, the better their english is. :) hahaha

Well this week, we had a crazy awesome experience. during one of our lessons, we had planned on teaching it in the library, but the library closed so we taught it in the food court. the only problem is that it's super loud and not very good for the spirit to come in and teach as well. so we were kinda really depressed, but it worked out really well!!!! Half-way through the lesson, he started asking crazy good questions and I felt that the spirit was testifying to him regardless of the surroundings. The Lord will prepare those He wants to prepare in His own fashion. I know that the environment is a very important aspect of teaching, but if God wants the spirit to be there, it WILL be there!

I learned a lot from that experience. rather than depending on our environments to give us the spirit, we must be constantly preparing ourselves to listen to and admit that it is ALWAYS there! WE've ben promised that it'll always be with us, but we need to do things that can justify it's presence in our lives.  There are many situations wehre id idn't think I'd have a good spirit with me, rather a spirit of contention, but when I calm myself down and decide to listen to them and love them by sharing my testimony with them,  I know that I can drive awawy that spirit of contention and keep the spirit of the Lord with me!

This week, there was also something else really crazy cool that I learned.  We were discussing the council in heaven and I realized that it's not just a concept that existed before. it is a concept that is happening now. Satan would that we be 100% perfect or we get punished. He wants us to dwell on all our little imperfections and let them eat away at us.  Christ knows that there will be errors in our lives. that we'll not be 100% perfect. which is why he made away for us to get out of our imperfections via ATONEMENT!!!! oh. I wish I could type longer, but I'm out of time :( sorry. ahhaahaha.

Love you all!

Keep up the good work!

Elder Chen







No comments:

Post a Comment