Sunday, March 24, 2013

3-25


HELLO EVERYBODY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

I hope you're all doing FANTASTIC! this week was so much fun!!!!! ELDER DAVIES IS THE MAN! hahaha. He's a total clown all the time and he'll smash people at the bus stop and make them feel terrible about everything hahaha. it's too much fun. I keep laughing all the time. This week, when he sat down by a pentacostal, he pulled out his bible and started smashing him :) hahahahaha. it was too much fun. hahaha. I'm sure he'll be a great leader in the future. he knows the scriptures well enough and he's fluent in both languages. plus he's super charismatic with eveybody. The only thing is that he's super ADD hahahaha.  :) anything can distract the kid :)

Well this week, we had SO many appointments fall through on us. Everybody was shocked that we had SO MANY FALL THROUGH! it was kinda ridiculous. Over half of them fell through and so we're going to keep finding. fortunately we were blessed with enough appointments that the nubmers didn't show that our gezi's had been feng-ed. hahahaha :) so we reported numbers and it was all good. We would've had some crazy numbers had we had all of them go through :) Elder davies can find so many appointments so easily. I don't even have to work hard, but because of pride I won't let him show me up so I work super hard. I think this was good for me for the last bit of my mission to work super duper hard for the last bit. unfortunately both of us suspect that this will only be a temporary companionship. Two new chinese come in and Elder Bellingham and I are probably going to train them.... one is from the philipines and one is from china :) JIA YOU JIA YOU JIA YOU! I want the chinese guy so I can improve my chinese. My chinese is terrible still :P

Also this week, we were teaching a lesson in one of the malls called garden city. halfway through the lesson it started to rain like NO OTHER! I would attach pictures, but I looked at them and they don't really do it any justice, so I'll attach other pictures :) IT WAS INSANE!!!!!!!! :) walking out for three seconds got us SOAKING WET! hahahaha. we hadn't brought our umbrellas becasue we didn't think it was going to rain at all because of hte clear blue skies, but I guess we were wrong. We got our umbrellas eventually though :) then it stopped raining hahahahaha. I'll show you the video of it when I get home :) NOT TRUNKY!

So we also teach lessons at mcdonalsd (WORST TEACHING ENVIRONMENT EVER!!!!!!) all the time, and it's funny because one time there were SIX missionaries in mcdonalds all at the same time. I think president bought us an office so we can start teaching there instead... I'm going to have to sacrifice a bit of our P-day to teach a lesson. one of our investigators just texted :( GAHHHHHH I LOVE PDAY!!!!! :(

OK. back to our stories. what else happened...... we went to this investigators house and they wanted to keep feeding us hahahahaha. ti was so funny. it's a house of 9 taiwanese people all living together and they're all trying to learn english so we teach them the discussions and make them do things and hopefully one of them will catch on and ask more questions. there's one that was super interested in church, but we're not sure how that's going to go... we haven't had a chance to meet up with her too much... we'll see :) hahahahaha

ALSO!!! All of my investigators are studying medicine, biomed, sports science, or something to do with that. I think it's because God keeps putting people like that in front of me....... they always say that they believe in science and then I tell them that youc an believe both :) and they're like WHAT!?!?!??! AND YEAH!!!!!!! we get their number. the only problem is that a lot of them are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO smart. it's ridiculous how smart they are (there's this malaysian guy accross from me that I've talked to a million times and he had me explain to him what his pancrease is hahahaha. he wasn't interested in the church sadly, but we'll weasle our way into his heart :)

Well I'll explain the pictures for now.

This first one is of us at this one taiwanese house. this one actually has 7 taiwanese peopel in it. it's so funny. Daniel invited us over to his house ( I DON"T EVEN KNOW WHY!!!) and we went, he welcomed us and then took a shower...... so we sat their, then his housemates started feeding us, and we felt super awkward.... GAH!!!!!!!!!!! no good. hahahaha. anyway, we taught four different people every time we go by their house so we don't have a single new investigator there. just four potentials. GAH SO FRUSTRATING!!!!

The second was betty. she found out that it was Elder davies birthday on friday and that's why :) She just wished him a happy birthday. isn't she the coolest? yeah... she is.

Finally is breakfast at bishops :)

WELLL I LOOOOOVE YOU ALLLLLLL! :) I'm glad you've forgotten the old me and now think I'm super cool. I'm still a bit the same, but I feel like the Lord has shaped me a lot in the past two years :)

We have an awesome investigator that's SUPER DUPER Smart, and she knows it's ALLL TRUE! she knows it and she can feel it. the only thing that's holding her back was her family.  :( I want to help so much overcome that, but I just have to let her find things out for herself and overcome it. I don't know what suggestions to make because yeah.... maybe mom could help :) I haven't run into these issues before in my mission. they've been pretty straightforward with concerns :)

WELL I LOVE YOU ALLLL!!! :)

Hope your'e all doing well. evidently registrations are coming up O.o

Elder Chen



No comments:

Post a Comment