Sunday, November 25, 2012

10/8/2012

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! VERINA IS SO YOUNG AND GOING ON A MISSION!?!?!???????!?!??!?!?!? WHAT?!?!?!? IN THE WORLD?!?!?!? THAT"S CRAZY!!!! WOAH! 19 Year old Sisters can come out now?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!? WOWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! That's the craziest announcement I've ever heard?!?!?!??!?!??!?!?!? and jonjon is gearing up to go soon!
THAT is CRAZY HEAD!!!!!! I have no idea what in the world is going on with that!!!!! AYO!!!! That's crazy.I don't even know what I'm supposed to do anymore! There are going to be some crazy missionaries running around now! YIKES! hahahaha I waited too long to be a missionary and now I'm going to be one of the oldest missioanreis in the world! hahahaha. that's too much fun.

Jon!!!! you're going to go on a mission soon! How exciting is that?! YEH!!! hahaha. just kidding. You're old though.. Keep up the good work!

Sister chen is A FIREBALL missionary. I'm so excited to hear all about what she's doing and stuff.

Jeff is still the man, probably still smashing medical school as usual

And dad bought an iphone 5?! wow.... that's a lot more advanced than when I left for the mision field. I think You don't have to buy me a nice phone when I get back, I'll probably be still happy with my old one, so don't worry about getting me one.... not trunky :P

So verina?! are you excited to go on a mission?! It's so much fun out here. hahaha. I would be so excited if that announcement came when I was in there. hahahaha. I don't even know what to think. We get to watch conference in a bit. Not right now. This saturday and sunday, they allow us to see it. hahaha. I'm excited to see all these different missionaries coming out here to work with us. I think the missionaries are going to start coming in pretty soon. I CAN"T BELIEVE IT!!!!! OH MY GOODNESS! I guess I won't see you for another two years :P bahahaha. that's ok. I'll write you letters and stuff. It'll be all goods :)

Now after hearing that, nothing I've really heard of is going to be very exciting. Oh well. It's ok. I'll tell you anyway. hahaha.

OK. so. this week, I went out and found forever. because we're still a whitewashing area. But that's ok. because finding is the funnest part of missionary work. hahahaha. I like teaching and everything, but I'd rather go out and find for a really long time hahaha. Time files when we're having fun finding.

fun story: I contacted this one girl at the bus stop and it was really funny because I told her about church and stuff, and she seemed interested so I asked for her number so we could contact her later. When we called, we asked if we could meet up some time, and she asked if it was a date..... i said no..... she said no..... DROPPED BAHAHAHAHAHA. AWKWARD!

hahaha, anyway, there really wasn't too much exciting that happened... again. Things go prestty slowly out here when you're in a new area. It's pretty funny because everybody comes home with these stories of their teaching appointments, but we have funny things that happen with crazy people. There's a bridge that runs across the main road between the two sides of sunny bank. Sometimes, when we are at the bus stops, there's a kid that runs up the ramp to the top, screaming at the top of his lungs, runs across, and down again, and then stops screaming and running at the same time, and walks to the bus stop. It's kinda wkward sometimes hahahaha. I want to talk to him sometimes, but I'm afraid he's going to start screaming agatin hahahaha.

Also, this week, we were at KFC for some odd reason, we didn't even end up buying anything. Anyway, while we were there, this guy walked up to us and asked if we were mormons. we obviously said yes, and then he commenced starting to try to attack our beliefs. It was pretty funny because none of the missionaries got nervous or anything and so we just smashed all the concerns that he could've had and then sent him on his merry way. Afterwards, we were thinking about it and none of us were really sure where we had said came from and we were all like: OH WOW! YEH!  We had the spirit. I don't actually remember what I said, but it was good because we said it and he didn't really have a comback. We were not confounded before men! bahahaha.

I just looked up on LDS.org about the new age change and it's true! That's crazy! WOW! Elder Holland said that they'd need more missionaries for the ever-expanding missionary field! WOW! Our mission isn't going to get too much bigger, but I expect a lot of the missions will. THat's insane. Verina might serve in Taiwan with sister chen! how crazy would that be! hahahaha.  Oh my goodness I'm going crazy. hahahaha.

Anyway, this week, I learned about the blessings of prayer! We had to go out and find, and I really wanted to go and find a family, so when i went to sleep, I prayed that we'd find a family, and in the morning I prayed that we'd find a family, and right before I left, I prayed that we would find a family, and so we went out and, guess what!!!! We found three families! AHHH! hahahaha YEH!!!! The first one we tracted into was a philipino family who is now less active as catholics, and downstairs is the church of christ, which is actually the mom's brother. So we're going to give them to the english elders. they're really cool though. I'm so sad we don't get to teach them. The next family is from Taiwan. They've lived in australia for AGES, and it's crazy because the area we tracted has been tracted tons of times, but they've never found these people. Anyway, this family from taiwan, the mom is buddhist, the dad is Christian, and the daughter was somehow lost in translation along the way. It was pretty funny. hahahaha. She wasn't really sure what religion she was, so her mom said that she was buddhist, but then she said she wasn't hahaha.  So we're going to go back.

The mom's first concern was that we didn't honor our ancestors!! I was so happy that I was able to tell her all aobut the family history resources taht the church has and how important it is to us that we do family history. It was perfect! I loved it! anyway. The next family was from Wuhan, china. They're really cool, but I'm nto sure how interested they are because we camea nd they ooked a little busy so we told them a quick message and asked if we could come back when they weren't busy and they said yeah. so we'll see them later. hopefully. and then this couple from singapore, we talked to at the bus stop, and  gave them the address of the church and everything, but we didn't get their contact information. THEN they came to church!!!!! MIRACLE!!! YEH! so we've got a teaching pool which consists mainly of Families, which is the GREATEST!!!!! Our zone leaders called us to see how we were doing and we told them that we were doing fnatastic... becuase we are doing fantastic. And I love being here. It's good :)

Well, my time on the computer is almost up... my emails have been pretty short, sorry :( Hopefully we'll have more to tell you next time.  THe ward is good. The work is hard, it just takes lots of work, and then we see the miracles. :)

Love,

Elder Chen

No comments:

Post a Comment